Dr. Ilja Sligte
- Assistant professor of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences, University of Amsterdam
His main reseach focus is on the brain mechanisms underlying visual short-term memory and consciousness.
Other lines of research are about improvement of cognition with the use of brain stimulation and whether cognitive skills can predict field performance of professional athletes. To answer research question, the following techniques are employed:
1) psychophysical tests,
3) EEG; event-related potentials and time-frequency analyses,
4) MRI; link between anatomy and behavior (VBM, DTI, MRS) and link between functional activity and behavior (fMRI),
5) brain stimulation with transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and transcranial electrical stimulation (TES; tDCS, tACS, tRNS).